Water Filter Systems
Water filters are designed to filter out a range of contaminants such as chlorine, pesticides, industrial solvents; limescale, heavy metals, sodium, nitrates, fluorine, and microbes.
There’s no single water filtration technique that removes all water contaminants which is why many systems use two or more processes together. Most will make the water taste better and less like you are drinking a swimming pool.
1) Activated carbon filters out chlorine-based chemicals, some pesticides, and industrial solvents. It can’t cope with “hardness” (limescale), heavy metals (unless a special type of activated carbon filter is used), sodium, nitrates, fluorine, or microbes.
2) Reverse osmosis filters force contaminated water through a fine membrane filter at pressure, so the water passes through but the contaminants remain behind. They’re good at removing salt, nitrates and limescale, but less effective at removing bacteria
3) Ion-exchange filters are particularly good at “softening” water by removing limescale
We’ll advise on the best type for your water supply and your needs.
We will not rest until it’s fixed.
Call us now on 1300 35 35 37 or book online.
Got a Residential Plumbing Problem in Sydney? We will fix it!
- Backflow prevention
- Bathroom renovations
- Blocked toilets & drains
- Burst pipes
- CCTV pipe inspections
- Drainage repairs and renewals
- Gas fitting / LPG
- General handyman and building maintenance work
- Guttering clearing & maintenance
- Hot water repairs
- Kitchen renovations
- Leaking taps / pipes / toilets
- Pipe freezing
- Plumbing alterations
- Preventative maintenance
- Rainwater tanks
- Residential plumbing maintenance
- Sewer repairs and renewals
- Smoke testing
- Stormwater pipe repairs and renewals
- Strata maintenance
- Thermostatic mixing valves
- Tree roots removal from blocked drains
- Water conservation